March 2007 meeting
Staffing the Information Quality Function
Articles or Books Selected:
Job Descriptions from The IAIDQ Website
- Does your organization have a Chief Data Officer (CDO) or equivalent? Is that person in IT or in the business?
- How does that person's role compare to what Redman describes?
- In defining roles and an org chart for your IQ function, how can you use the insights derived from the classification of IQ skills into the following three buckets: technical, adaptive, and interpretative (Table 1)?
- To what extent are Pierce's DQA responsibilities in Table 2 consistent with those in your organization?
- How about the skills in Table 4?
- How many different IQ job types do you have in your organization? What are they?
- Do you typically fill your IQ vacancies from within or through hiring externally?
- What is the most important IQ staffing issue your organization currently face?