Get involved with IAIDQ
- Develop or enhance your leadership skills
- Grow your professional network by working with others around the world
- Contribute to the growth and maturity of the IQ/DQ discipline
- Contribute to the success of IAIDQ
- Be part of something special as you live and demonstrate IAIDQ’s core values of Customer, Community, Commitment, Collaboration and Continuous Improvement.
Active members are the lifeblood of any thriving professional association!
IAIDQ normally publishes the IQ journal every quarter.
The role of the Journal Editor is to prepare and publish the journal. We publish in two forms:
- a printable PDF
- each articles in web HTML format
- Formatting article to Journal layout and style
- Copy-editing the article. The time required for this step varies significantly depending on the article length as well as the author's writing style. In all cases, send the edited + formatted version back to the author for their approval before publication.
- Iterations with Authors. This phase of the review process can take longer; for example, when an author decides to do quite a bit of rewriting based on the feedback. When that happens, it's like reviewing a new article all over again when they resubmit.
- Message from President.
- Assembling the Issue.
- Work with webmaster to prepare online version of Journal. Checking the online version of the articles.
A typical issue will have Message from President, Message from Editor, and three articles, though there have been issues where we have as many as five articles in a single edition.
Around 10 hours of effort per quarter would be the minimum (excluding the time spent communicating with authors via email), with ~15 hours being more typical.
To volunteer for this team, please send an email to volunteer [AT] iaidq.org.