From the Editor
Michelle C. Dy
Editor-in-Chief, Information Quality Journal
michelle [dot] dy [AT] iaidq [dot] org
IQ Journal Vol 8 Issue 1. 2012
Dear fellow members:
This quarter’s issue of the Information Quality Journal has the following articles:
- In My Life is a Data Quality Battle, Danette McGilvray and Thomas C. Redman, Ph. D. put a human face on data quality by sharing real and frustrating customer experiences that stem from data quality issues. Do customers talk about your company in the same way?
- In Practical Formulas for Estimating the Value of Quality Data, Kelle O’Neal identifies categories of savings that can be achieved through data quality improvements, and offers an approach for estimating the impact of quality data (or the lack thereof) on a company’s value. The resulting numbers may surprise you.
- In A Quality Journey through 20 Keys,Adrian Bennett shares how the methodology described in Iwao Kobayashi’s 20 Keys to Workplace Improvement allowed a company to achieve error reductions of over 90% in demand and supply management.
Also in this issue of the Information Quality Journal, you’ll find the latest news on:
- The new IAIDQ chapter in Asia Pacific
- The newly-posted programme for this year’s Data Governance & Information Quality Conference at iaidq.org
Do you have feedback, ideas, or requests that can make the Information Quality Journal more useful to you? Do drop me an email! I look forward to hearing from you.
Michelle C. Dy
Editor-in-Chief, IQ Journal