IQCP Recertification descriptions and activity logs
Category 3: Completing College / University Education Courses
Credit is given for completing an IQ-related semester or quarter college/university education course completed during your Recertification Period. Courses do not need to begin during your Recertification Period, but must complete during the Recertification Period for which you are claiming credit. All courses must be completed with a passing mark.
- Completing a semester-length course earns 3 RCs per credit hour.
- Completing a quarter-length course earns 2.25 RCs per credit hour.
- For courses not on either a semester or quarter system, contact IAIDQ (email@example.com) for credit conversion information.
- Completing two 3-hour semester courses OR two 4-hour quarter courses with a passing mark during your three-year certification period would earn you a total of 9 RCs.
Proof of Content:
- Proof of course content requires a copy of one of the following: Course Catalogue Description, or Course Outline/Syllabus. (Must show school name, course name/number, course description, and IQ-related topics.)
Proof of Completion:
- Proof of having completed and passed an accepted education course requires a copy of one of the following: Unofficial or Official Student Transcript, or End-of-Term Grade Report. (Must list school name, course name/number, student’s name, dates attended, passing mark achieved, instructor name, and credits/units earned.)
- Credit for attending pre- and/or post-conference tutorials or other professional training is given under Category 2.
- Credit for teaching non-college/university education courses, above and beyond your regular job duties is given under Category 9.
- Credit for maintaining employment, including teaching educational or professional training course as part of employment is given under Category 12.
Activity Log Example:
|Course Name / Number:||Principles of Information Quality / INFQ 7303|
|Link to Course Info:||http://prezi.com/j6svftxzikgi/information-quality-infq-7303-spring-2012/|
|Institution Name:||University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Course Location:||Little Rock, AK USA|
|Course Dates:||2013-01-14||To:||2013-05-06||Passing Mark Earned:||B+|
|Course Type:||Semester ✔ Quarter||# of Credits Earned:||3.00|
|Course Instructor(s):||John Talburt||# RCs Claimed:||9.00|