IQCP Recertification descriptions and activity logs
Category 12: Maintaining Employment
Credit is given for maintaining either full-time or part-time IQ-related employment during your Recertification Period. (Note: Employment does not need to be in an IQ field, nor does the position held need to be IQ-specific; however, the practitioner should be able to identify how and what portion of their duties are IQ-related.).
- Employment averaging less than 100 hours of IQ-related work per month earns 0.50 RC per month.
- Employment averaging more than 100 hours of IQ-related work per month earns 1 RC per month.
- Maintaining employment for 36 months that averaged less than 100 hours per month of IQ-related work during your three-year Recertification Period would earn you a total of 18 RCs.
Proof of Employment:
- Proof of having maintained IQ-related employment requires a written job summary. (Must state your name, job title, job description, and hours worked, and must identify how the hours you are claiming are IQ-related.)
Proof of Self-employment:
- Proof of having maintained IQ-related self-employment requires a written summary of projects. (Must state your name, job title, job description, list of projects, dates and hours worked, and identify how your job duties are IQ-related.)
- Credit for publishing journal articles, white papers, reports and blogs is given under Category 8.
- Credit for teaching non-college/university education courses, above and beyond your regular job duties is given under Category 9.
- Credit for serving a professional or academic association in an elected or volunteer position is given under Category 10.
- Credit for mentoring other practitioners is given in Category 11.
Activity Log Example:
|Job Title:||Business Intelligence Manager|
|Company Name:||Acme, Inc.|
|Link to Company Info:||http://www.[website].com|
|Employment Dates:||2013-07-01||To:||2014-04-15||Total # of Months:||9.50|
|# of Months with:||Less than 100 h IQ work:||0.50||More than 100 h IQ work:||9.00|
|# RCs Claimed:||9.50|